LibreOffice Calc on BOSS Linux
LibreOffice Calc is the spreadsheet component of the LibreOffice Suite. It is the equivalent of Microsoft Excel in Microsoft Suite and has a number of unique features, including a system which automatically defines series of graphs, based on information available to the user .It is a free and open source software so it can be copied, re-used and distributed free of cost.
Exclusively created for CDAC by the Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay
- Introduction to LibreOffice Calc
- What is Calc,Who should use Calc,What can be done using Calc.
- About spreadsheets,sheets and cells.
- Basic features – parts of main Calc window - Title & Menu Bar, Standard Toolbar, Formatting Toolbar, Formula Bar, Status Bar
- What is a cell, row, column, Create new document, enter data in one cell, save in Calc( CSV and other formats),opening/closing document.
- Save as ods, csv, xls, xlsx and export to PDF
- Working with Cells
- How to enter numbers,text,numbers as text,date and time in Calc.
- How to use the Format Cells dialog box.
- How to Navigate between cells and in between sheets.
- How to select items in rows,columns and sheets.
- Working with Sheets
- Inserting and Deleting rows and columns Calc.
- Inserting and Deleting Sheets in Calc.
- Renaming Sheets.
- Formatting Data
- Borders, Color, Formatting Text, Increasing Cell Size
- Formatting multiple lines of text,numbers,fonts,cell borders,cell background
- Automatic Wrapping and Using manual breaks
- Merging cells, rows and columns, issues with using merge cells.
- Shrinking text to fit the cell
- Basic Data Manipulation
- Paste and paste special (values, transpose), pasting a spreadsheet into writer as a table
- Introduction to Formulas – Sum, Average, basic formula (=a*b+c)
- Different kinds of functions available in spreadsheet
- Sorting by Columns
- Filtering Data - Basics
- Working with data
- Speed up using Fill tools and Selection lists.
- Sharing content between sheets
- Remove data,Replace data,Change part of a data
- Using Charts and graphs in Calc
- Creating,Editing and Formatting Charts
- Types of charts
- Resizing and moving of charts
- Formulas and Functions
- Creating formulas,operator types and referencing
- Basic arithmetic and statistic functions - relative and fixed ($) referencing in a function
- Rounding off numbers
- Important string functions (left, right, middle, concatenate)
- Linking Calc Data
- Referencing other sheets and documents
- Working with Hyperlinks