Welcome to online web tutorials for java
Java[ http://java.sun.com ]is a free and open source high level programming language. It is simple as well as object oriented language. Till date, the Java platform has attracted more than 6.5 million software developers. Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE) lets you develop and deploy Java applications on desktops and servers, as well as today's demanding Embedded and Real-Time environments.From laptops to mobile phones, game consoles to scientific supercomputers, music players to the Internet,Set-top boxes to printers, Web cams to medical devices,Ooops that is a huge list to follow,Java is everywhere!!!!!
This set of tutorials will cover features and usage of Java version 1.6.x Please see the associated text box of individual spoken tutorials on the website to decide the versions of Java and OS to which it is applicable.
The Spoken Tutorial Effort for Java is being contributed by Mrs. Deepa Ganu from Keshav Memorial Institute of Technology, Hyderabad. Other contributors who helped in the creation of the scripts are ............
- Installing the JDK and JRE on Linux OS
- How to set the class path in Environment variables.
- How to set the class path in command prompt.
- Installation of Editors.
- Editors that can be used are Emacs, NetBeans, Xemacs, NEdit, Eclipse etc. These can run on Unix/Linux, Windows, Mac Os as well.
- My first java program
- Understanding the basic structure of the program with an example 'hello world'
- Compiling the program using javac hello.java.
- Executing the program using java hello
- Classes and Objects
- Creating a class and instances of the class
- Methods and Variables defined in a class
- Accessing the methods and variables of the objects and assigning them different values.
- Data Types and Variables
- Data types with their default values
- Explaining narrowing and widening concepts
- Different operators available
- Their associativity and precedence
- Variables and their scope(local and instance)
- OOPs Concepts
- Instruction Control in Java
- Nested if's
- Decision Control Statements in java
- What are constructors, their invocation, and their use?
- Shadowing concept
- Overloaded constructors
- Arrays in Java
- Declaring, Defining and initializing an array
- Multi-dimensional Arrays