From Script | Spoken-Tutorial
Introduction to Selenium
Selenium is an open source Test Automation tool which has rich set of testing functions and the operations are highly flexible.
Selenium first came to life at Chicago in 2004, when Jason Huggins was testing an internal application at ThoughtWorks.
Selenium has different components like Selenium Core,Selenium IDE,Selenium Remote Control,Selenium GRID. Selenium core is the basic component which runs with in the browser and acts as a test execution framework for all selenium flavors.
Selenium is probably the best option for automated testing of websites today.
Here, using a set of Spoken tutorials, we teach you Automation Testing with Selenium in Linux. We have used Ubuntu Linux 11.04.
In this series of tutorials, we will learn about Selenium Tool which has several flavors. This is aimed at beginners and those who want to shift from other testing tools to Selenium.
The prerequisite for learning these tutorials is the Linux - shell commands etc.
The spoken tutorial effort for Selenium is being contributed by Suman Pasupula, TalentSprint, Hyderabad.
- Installation of Add-on's and Selenium Action commands
- Installation of Selenium IDE.
- Installation of firebug.
- Recording using Selenium IDE.
- Action commands in Selenium
- Accessor commands in Selenium
- Assertion commands in Selenium
- Locator Strategies
- Xpath (different ways)
- Other Selenium commands
- Working with Selenese Test case
- Creating Sample selenese test cases.
- Creating TestSuite.
- Execute the TestSuite with Selenium Test Runner.
- Working with Selenium RC
- Why do we go for Selenium RC.
- Architecture of Selenium RC.
- Download the required software and include the jar files.
- Overview of Junit Framework and the execution flow.
- Convert the sample selenese test case to Java Junit format.
- Execute test scripts
- Execute test script.
- Execute test script on different browser.
- Create a test suite and execute in batch.